Friday 10 August 2012

Olympics

What can I say...the London 2012 Olympics has been absolutely fabulous.  I've been glued to the telly for the last 2 weeks and have laughed, cheered and cried along with all the athletes.  I can't congratulate Team GB enough for making the whole nation proud to be British.  I haven't felt that way for a very long time.  I don't normally get involved in politics but as a country we have had to bail out so many other countries while going through recession and nearing bankruptcy ourselves.  Why do other countries demand that we owe them anything?  The Empire was broken down a very long time ago and independence given to all those nations.  I don't mind supporting them if they are prepared to support us when needed but most of them don't.  They take and take and take but when we need their help they 'forget' everything we've done for them.  Talk about being used!  However, I'm going off track...the Olympics has, hopefully, shown the world how friendly, compassionate and fair minded the British people are.  We have cheered on every single Olympian regardless of nationality and hopefully given them some great memories of their time in our country.

So, I can say that today, it truly is great to be British. :-)

ps. Yes, I know I had a downer on the whole Olympic thing because of the expense when we can't even feed and house our own children...silly me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment