Sunday 15 July 2012

Olympia

There has been a lot of hype recently about the Olympic torch coming to my home town but I've let it all just float over my head.  As a country in deep financial difficulty I've struggled with my patriotism as far as the Olympics is concerned.  All I can say is that I hope we generate a larger income than we have spent in expenditure towards the whole 'circus'.

Talking about the Olympics....the torch arrived in my hometown today (Portsmouth, Hampshire)....I knew it was happening but didn't think much about it.  However, I think 90% of my local friends were out in force to see it happen.  I'm glad they all had a great time, I just find the whole thing boring.  I'm dreading the opening ceremony.  Is Britain going to be the butt of the world's jokes for the foreseeable future?

On the upside of it all I wish all our athletes the very best of luck and hope they win us a record amount of gold medals.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment