Monday 6 February 2012

Loom of Doom!

A long time ago (last summer), in a galaxy far, far away (Winchester) I bought a 4 shaft loom from an eBay seller for £50 with a view to weaving wider pieces.  It's a Dryad table loom and was in a bit of a bad state which you couldn't tell from the photos on eBay but I've given it a bit of clean and that's as far as I've got with it.  I have every intention of using, there's just one problem......it terrifies me! :)

I've never warped a 4 shaft loom before so I've had a nosey round You Tube while I've been building up courage to tackle the beast.  Today I'm taking the shafts out so I can add more heddles because it doesn't look like it has enough for what I want to do.  The long suffering Phil (hubby) thinks I should start off with something simple, like, only using 2 shafts to start off with.  You'd think after 25 years of marriage he'd know by now that I never do anything the easy way!.....TUT!  I have every intention of using all 4 shafts because I know if I can conquer that, my nerves about tackling any project will evaporate.

So, that's my plan for today.....wish me luck....and I'll let you know how I get on.  You never know I may even post a photo of my achievements ;)

Right...*deep breath*...I'm going in and I may be some time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment